UNTITLED CHERRY ORCHARD MUSICAL
A musical with book, music and lyrics by Emily Gardner Xu Hall.
Performance of 15min excerpt at Musical Theatre Factory 4x15
Playwrights Downtown, 440 Lafayette St New York NY 10003
Later in 2018: a reading of Untitled Cherry Orchard Musical directed by Ed Iskandar at Boomerang Theatre Company.
I am this for you
A play/rock concert with book, music and lyrics by Emily Gardner Xu Hall. To read about the show, click here.
Reading at Rising Circle PlayRISE Festival
June 1st at 7pm
Sheen Center, 18 Bleecker St New York NY 10012
Performance at Ars Nova ANTfest
June 15th at 7pm
Ars Nova Theater, 511 West 54th St New York NY 10019
- Workshopped a play with music by Suzan Lori-Parks.
- Wrote a musical at CATWALK Art Residency.
- Sung and acted in a reading of a Byzantine choral opera.
- January 2018: Composed and performed original music in BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL BUT IT AIN'T ALWAYS PRETTY by Kareem M. Lucas. Part of the Under The Radar Festival at the Public Theater.
- Performed the principal role of Vanda in a Ken Davenport-produced musical reading of RADIO 930.
musical / Summer 2017 at the Arden Theatre Company, Philadelphia
Emily played the Queen, sang, and played piano, guitar, viola and accordion in this world premiere new musical at the Arden Theatre Company. THE LIGHT PRINCESS is adapted from the story by George MacDonald by Tony Lawton (book & lyrics) with music by Alex Bechtel.
EMILY GARDNER XU HALL IN THE NEW YORK TIMES
‘A precision-tooled performance by Emily Gardner Hall… Ms. Hall gives natural life to Kali’s extreme, lacerating ambivalence. This young performer is remarkably smooth in conveying spikiness…'